At UIC, you’ll join high achieving students from around the U.S. and the world. Choose from more than 70 undergraduate degrees, from science to engineering to business. All at one of the top research universities in the U.S., right in the middle of exciting Chicago.
The UIC College of Applied Health Sciences is nationally recognized for educating professionals who help people achieve and maintain their health.
- Disability & Human Development
- Kinesiology (concentrations available in: Exercise; Science & Health Promotion; Movement Science)*
- Rehabilitation Sciences
*Pending Illinois Board of Higher Education approval.
The UIC College of Architecture, Design & the Arts educates and mentors the next generation of architects, art historians, designers, museum professionals and visual and performing artists.
- Architectural Studies2
- Art (Studio Arts; Photography; Moving Image; New Media Arts)2,4
- Art History
- Graphic Design2,5
- Industrial Design2, 5
- Integrated Design and Arts
- Music – Business3
- Music – Jazz Studies3
- Music – Performance3
- Theatre, Acting3
- Theatre & Performance3
- Theatre Design, Production & Technology1,6
1Pending Illinois Board of Higher Education approval.
2Fall start only.
4After completion of first year Art Foundation program, student portfolio submission required for acceptance into the art major.
5Incoming students are admitted to Design Foundation. Portfolio submission required for acceptance into the major.
6Interview and portfolio required.
The UIC College of Business Administration transforms your potential into career success, with the proven skills to become leaders in today’s global economy. The college focuses on the core disciplines of accounting, finance, information management, marketing and management.
- Information and Decision Science (concentrations available in: Business Data Analytics; Management Information Systems; Operations and Supply Chain Management)
- Management (concentrations available in: Human Resource Management; Leadership & Managerial Skills; Managerial Logistics; Strategic Management)
- Marketing (concentrations available in: Innovation & Product Management; Marketing Research; Promotions & Communications; Sales Leadership)
The UIC College of Education develops teachers, principals, researchers and community leaders. The college’s mission includes preparing educators to help diverse students and foster self-worth, self-confidence and self-advocacy.
- Human Development & Learning
- Urban Education: Elementary Education
The UIC College of Engineering offers learning, research and internships for a fulfilling career. In fact, more than 500 companies and organizations have hired UIC students or organizations in the past two years.
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science (concentrations available in: Computer Systems; Human Centered Computing; Software Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The UIC College of Liberal Arts & Sciences provides a strong and well-rounded foundation to become a creative problem-solver, effective communicator and strong leader. Courses include literature, biology, history, economics, foreign languages and more.
- African American Studies
- Biological Sciences
- Classical Studies
- Criminology, Law and Justice
- Earth and Environmental Sciences
- English (concentrations available in: American Literature; British & Anglophone Literature; Creative Writing; Media; Rhetorical & Cultural Studies; Professional Writing)
- French and Francophone Studies
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Germanic Studies
- Germanic Studies with a Business Minor
- Integrated Health Studies*
- Latin American and Latino Studies
- Mathematics & Computer Science
- Political Science (concentrations available in: Law & Courts; Urban Politics)
- Psychology (concentrations available in: Applied; General)
- Spanish (concentrations available in: Hispanic Linguistics; Hispanic Literature and Culture; Hispanic Studies)
- Spanish – Economics
- Statistics (concentrations available in: Applied Statistics; Statistical Theory & Methods)
*Pending Illinois Board of Higher Education approval.
**Specific courses are required for admission to major; incoming students are admitted to Liberal Arts and Sciences Undecided.
The UIC College of Liberal Arts & Sciences offers six secondary education programs for students who want to teach English, History, Mathematics or select languages. The college works closely with the Council on Teacher Education to coordinate its professional education criteria for these degrees. Students will be in contact with the Council on Teacher Education for all levels of the licensure process.
- Teaching of English
- Teaching of French
- Teaching of German
- Teaching of History
- Teaching of Mathematics
- Teaching of Spanish
The UIC School of Public Health is dedicated to creating a healthy society. The college emphasizes real-world learning to make a difference in populations around the world. Through partnerships with community groups and government agencies, you’ll participate in projects such as violence prevention, maternal and child health and HIV/AIDS prevention.
Undergraduate Accelerator students should speak with an admissions advisor if they are interested in pursuing a degree from the School of Public Health.
The UIC College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs has an international reputation for promoting just, resilient and livable cities. The college improves the quality of urban life through education, research and community engagement. As a student, you’ll get hands-on experience during internships with the college’s 100 agency and company partners.
- Public Policy
- Urban Studies